UPI strictly follows and supports the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) guidelines. UPI will cooperate with the editorial team and author(s) for smooth publication of the scientifically sound works / study.
Responsibilities of Editors
- Editors have to play a vital role in peer review process of manuscript(s) or book proposal(s) or book chapter(s).
- Initial and final decisions on acceptance of manuscript(s) / book chapter(s) are taken by the Editor(s).
- UPI follows double blind peer review process, hence it is the responsibility of the Editor to maintain the confidentiality of the work before publishing.
- Decisions related to misconduct, malpractice or any other complaints should be taken by the Editor(s) according to the editorial policies of UPIBP by consultation with UPI.
UPIBP's policy is smooth publishing of books, hence, editor's services are needed up to the post publishing of books.
Responsibilities of Reviewers
Reviewer(s) must consider the following characteristics for reviewing manuscript(s) / book proposal(s) or book chapter(s) and suggest the author(s) to enhance the accuracy and quality of the book content to attract the greater audience.
- Scientific quality of the work(s)/study(s).
- Advancement of the research when compared to existing research, in case of thesis / dissertations.
- Ensure international standards or policies are met, if exist.
- Must specify the comments along with the reason.
- Balance of English language throughout the manuscript.
- Mention the strengths and weakness of work / study.
- Mention the possible suggestions to make the manuscript / book content scientifically sound.
- Quality of figures or images.
- Check whether the format of equations and/or formulas suitable for final production of galley proof. If not suitable, then suggest the possible software for better final production / output of the paper.
- Suggest statistical methods, wherever applicable.
- Check the literature review of the work and compare the references with literature review for suitability.
- Make sure the title is suitable to the objectives of the book content.
- Reviewers should maintain the confidentiality and shouldn’t discuss with others except editorial team.
- Reviewers try to identify the possible plagiarism in received manuscript(s) / book proposals.
- Identify the published work(s) related to the work(s) which has not/have not been cited by the author(s).
- Reviewers must be neutral and indifferent.
- Reviewers must specify whether they have any conflicts of interests, if any and if they have conflicts of interests, then they shouldn’t consider the manuscript for review.
Finally, report whether the work / study attracts the greater audience or not.
Responsibilities of Author(s)
- Author(s) must confirm that the submitted work is original and free of plagiarism.
- Clearly acknowledge the conflicts of interests, if exist.
- Confirm that the work(s) is solely submitted to the UPIBP and has not submitted elsewhere for simultaneous consideration.
- Confirm the submitted work is not published elsewhere except like poster presentation or presentations at conferences or seminars.
- One who has majorly contributed to the work must be stated as “Author” and remaining as “Co-author(s)”.
- Specify the funding sources in manuscript/book proposal, if exist.
Author(s) should consider the above responsibilities before submitting the manuscript (or) book proposal (or) book chapter to the UPIBP.
UPI will check the following information
- Funding sources of the work
- Conflicts of interests
- Confidentiality of the work
- Publication ethics
- Modifications in manuscript / book content, if needs.
- Timely publication of the accepted work(s).
- Checks whether they followed the standards, if exist.